The Street Party for 2020 will no longer be going ahead. We hope to see you all on the 22nd of May 2021!
Be entertained by The Three Waiters, Viva, Local Italian Acts and everyone’s favourites Domenico and the Latin Mafia
- Grab some food from one of our amazing street vendors or pull up a chair at one of the local restaurants and bars. Lots of amazing Italian Food and Drink available.
- Traditional Italian Folk dancing
- Spaghetti Eating Competition
- Kids Italian Cooking Classes
- Free Kids Rides and Jumping Castles
- Face painting and Balloon Twisting
- Italian Car and Motorbike Display
- Raffle with amazing prizes to be won – including a $1000 travel voucher
- Come dressed in Italian Red, White and Green
In 2016 a couple of members of the Mackay and District Italian Association decided they would like to create a large street party style event showcasing Italian food and entertainment to the wider community and also make the most of Mackay’s amazing city centre precinct with fabulous restaurants, bars and a street party theme.
An organising committee was born and with the help of local event planner Sophie Bonanno an event was created.
The 2017 Jayco Mackay Italian Street Party was a HUGE hit with almost 10,000 people attending. Damp conditions in 2018 didn’t dampen attendance numbers, with around 10,000 people coming along and providing positive feedback. Now cemented as an annual event on the Mackay calendar, the Mackay Italian Street Party is going from strength to strength.
The beauty of this event is that it is a “Street Party” and there is something for everyone. Choose to dine in style at one of the many supporting restaurants with the vino flowing. Or grab a selection of one or more of our tasty street vendors while the kids enjoy the children’s entertainment. Everyone can watch a great show and be immersed in music, culture and atmosphere.
The vision always was to provide a free event with a lot of great entertainment and activities for adults and children, with of course, lots of amazing Italian food on offer.
This annual event could not happen without the valued support from Mackay Regional Council, Jayco Mackay and the many other local businesses we work with each year.